Chief Executive Officer
Frank Marino founded Marino in 1993 and serves as CEO.
Regarded by both industry peers and clients as one of New York’s top communications strategists and known for his close working relationships with key influencers in the media, the corporate world, and the public sector, Frank has been described in PR Week as a driven communicator, with the ability to “use street smarts to drive business results.”
Frank has created, executed, and overseen multifaceted strategic communications programs that have proven crucial to bolstering the brands, visibility, and, ultimately, bottom lines of, organizations across a broad array of industries, including economic development, consumer, energy, and, especially, real estate—an area in which Frank has been the leading force in building Marino’s internationally acclaimed practice.
While at the helm of Marino, Frank has provided sophisticated strategic communications counsel to Fortune 100 and major international and national businesses including Walmart, The Home Depot, National Grid, TF Cornerstone, Morton’s The Steakhouse, Colliers International, and ConEdison Solutions.
In addition, Frank has advised highly prestigious industry associations, including The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)—New York City’s oldest and most prominent trade association; high-profile not-for-profit organizations such as Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City—one of the nation’s oldest and most admired non-profits; and major influential institutions such as New York University.
Examples of Frank's work include:
- Leading the team that positioned ConEdison Solutions as the best known alternative energy services company in the nation
- Devising effective communications strategies for The Home Depot’s entry into the New York City and Tri-State markets
- Helping to lead a multidisciplinary team in executing a hugely successful international strategic communications plan for NYC’s iconic One World Trade Center
- Leading the Marino team that played a key role in opening one of Walmart’s first urban-situated stores
- Providing crisis strategic counsel to one of the City’s foremost real estate developers in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
- Playing a key role on the communications team which worked successfully on behalf of an internationally renowned New York City-based university in winning approval of an ambitious campus expansion
- Leading communications for REBNY's ambitious campaign to help influence the ultimate reversal of the federal decision to hold the trial of 9/11 terrorists in New York City
- Coordinating all communications components of the internationally-covered gala grand opening of the $1.4 billion International Air Terminal 4 at John F. Kennedy Airport
Prior to launching Marino in 1993, Frank served in the administration of New York City Mayor Ed Koch as Senior Vice President for Public Affairs, Media Relations and Marketing for what is now the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC). He has also been a senior manager in the New York State Assembly and a political campaign consultant.
A 1973 graduate of Iona College, Frank has been a self-described news junkie since his youth, when he would pretend to be Walter Cronkite reporting the evening news. He continues to monitor dozens of media outlets each day.